I did finish putting in dedicated electrical service for my as yet un-boxed Hobart Handler 140 Wire-Feed MIG Welder. I got this on sale around Christmas time from Tractor Supply Company. It's normally $520 (~$500 from Amazon) from them but I was able to pick it up in-store for $450. The thing has great reviews no matter where you look, so hopefully it will be forgiving when I finally get around to welding with it. I'm sure I will document my first attempts and let you know!
|Bottom breaker on the left. 20A should be enough when there isn't anything else running on it.|
|Cut the wall open and used a box that a pro installed for our portable generator tap.|
|The bench press.|
On Tuesday I got my parts from SpitBits. Last night I did a bit of work, mostly within the clutch housing, replacing the worn out parts that I should have replaced in the first place. A new pin for the release fork (improved), its sleeve, and bushings along with that bolt that I mentioned in my last post which has now been made right along with its accompanying copper washer.
|New and improved (top, with "cap") and old (obviously the bottom). Nice wear grooves.|
|I won't insult you with which one is new, but check out the wear on the old one! Nothing left of that one side.|
|Elbow mounted with the new temperature sending unit.|
|Shiny new water pump...makes me embarrassed for the rest of picture.|
|All routed up...and it fits, too! Awfully complicated, though. Note the (eh hem) original-style pipe clamps.|
|Back in and torqued down. Gearbox to follow.|
Regardless, I've made some progress and, though I was a slug, I don't feel so guilty now. Oh, and on a separate note, I got the bicycle back from it's first (after 5 years and 2000+ miles) professional maintenance and post-accident. No issues and she's as good as new!