|Pretty brittle stuff, so it came up easily. Hole is where the bolt goes down into the frame.|
I pulled the window out of the hardtop (the rubber seal was dry rotted) and took that and the hard top up to the attic. Thing barely fit, but it's up there and out of the way (and the weather).
|Hard top glass (foreground) and windscreen. Wrapped in mover's blankets in the attic.|
|Instrument cluster back out.|
|Windscreen frame out. The car looks like a race car with nothing sticking up...all the more reason for that racing jack!|
|Steering column and instrument cluster ready to go to the attic. That's the original steering wheel (Herald-type).|
|Front of driver's floor crossmember where wiring comes through...pre-fiberglass destruction. Original snap is still there, though!|
|Looks like a bunch of spaghetti, but a very simple harness. Needs a hand-over-hand inspection/repair/re-wrap.|
Finally, I pulled a lot of the miscellaneous electrical stuff (starter solenoid, control box) mounted to the engine compartment portion of the body.
The last several things to accomplish are to remove the master cylinders, get the throttle linkage, all of the rubber, put the gas tank in the attic and remove the doors. I intend to spot-weld in some square tube to support the body when the doors are removed and before I move the body to prevent any chance of the thing folding on me when it is moved (that would suck). I'm sure there are other odds and ends (like the seat rails you see in the above picture), but that should about do it. Some 2x4s to make some sawhorses and a lean-to for rudimentary weather protection and I'm all set!